Updating dd form 93

Typically, you will need your marriage license, birth certificate, photo identification, and Department of Defense Form 1172 (application form) to apply for an ID card.

Frequently registration for DEERS and getting an ID card are done at the same time – two birds with one stone! This will allow you to conduct business or get a new ID card if you misplace yours on your spouse's behalf.

Your spouse, also known as your sponsor, is required to fill out all paperwork that will allow you to receive military benefits.

Obtain an original copy of your marriage certificate from the city, town, or county clerk's office where the wedding took place. Ask your spouse to enroll you in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).

Determine whether you should change your state and federal income tax status to reflect your marital status.

Your family center can help with relocation information, employment opportunities in the local area, personal financial education, information about local resources and services, personal skills-building classes, deployment planning assistance, volunteer opportunities, out placement assistance when your service member leaves the military and assistance with crisis situations. These programs introduce participants to the military lifestyle while offering specific information about customs, tradition, mission, and available resources.

Check with your family center to see if your base offers one of the following new-spouse orientation programs: U.

Want to know more about getting a military ID card? The base legal office will help you establish power of attorney.

Ask your spouse to list you as a beneficiary on his or her Serviceman's Group Life Insurance (SGLI) policy.

Leave a Reply